|||||Tegan & Sara - Not Tonight||]|
1. Please COMMENT if you are taking an icon. I won't get horribly mad at you if you don't, but I like knowing which icons people like so that I know which styles to use with the next batch. It's also nice to hear what people like/don't like about the icons, so feel free to give me feedback as well - just don't be mean about it. For instance, say "I think the icon would be better if you _______" and not "#12 really sucks ass."
2. DO NOT EDIT. I frequently make textless icons, but this does not mean they are bases. Do not add text or otherwise edit the icons or friends only banners or headers. If you want to make a request, however, I will probably be more than happy to make you exactly what you want.
3. CREDIT any graphics you take from this journal. I make them because it's fun for me, but it's also a time consuming process and it makes graphic makers really sad (and sometimes pissed) to see their work being used without credit. To credit icons, simply type: <*lj user="mixed-tapeicons"*> into the "comments" section when you upload the icon. If you're confused, don't hesitate to ask and I will be more than happy to explain it better.
4. DO NOT HOTLINK. Hotlinking is when you copy the link that I used to post a picture or icon and then post it in your own journal. It seems harmless, I know, but it uses up bandwidth and since I don't have a lot to begin with, people hotlinking will make me run out. That means I won't be able to post icons until my bandwidth is refreshed at the beginning of the month and both your picture and mine will disappear and be replaced by a Photobucket logo. So just don't do it. To make sure you're not hotlinking, simply right click and save any pictures to your harddrive (or CTRL+Click or drag if you're using a Mac) and then upload it to your own server. I recommend using Photobucket for image hosting.
5. Do not comment on my personal journal with questions about icons. I will post all graphics to this journal (and x-post them to appropriate communities) and will answer all questions here. That being said, feel free to get to know me through my journal, but please keep all questions/requests/complaints about my graphics to this journal or in e-mails.